Friday, January 18, 2013

Yesteryou Chapter 16


16.
  "Hi, it's me, the girl from the carnival, did I wake you?" 
"Nope.  Hi.  How are you?”
              “Okay I guess.  Sounds like you found your way back home.”
              “Ha, yeah, it was a total surprise, too.  I was just walking around, actually I’d started trying to visit some of the sites from the Rocky movies, and I found my apartment building on accident.  I just moved there and I totally forgot the street name and the number, but from now on my landmark is going to be an Ethiopian grocery store on the corner that’s always closed and smells like cum for some reason.  Wanna come over and pick up your pot.”

              “Um, I don’t know.  When I was walking back to the hotel I'm staying at it occurred to me we might as well just meet up sometime tomorrow in the regular daytime.  I’m a little delirious from lack of sleep.  What time is it, anyway?"

"About 3 am.  Hey, you can go back to sleep if you want, and I can just call you later, but I'm having a little impromptu party right now, if you want to come and hang out.  Someone's supposed to be bringing fireworks the likes of which nobody's ever seen, apparently -- that should be fun.  What do you think?"

No comments:

Post a Comment