Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Danced Myself Right out the Womb

Here are 2 of my favorite scenes of women dancing in films:  the decapitated woman in Evil Dead II, and the anonymous/menacing girls in Inland Empire.  I'm not quite a pro at the computers, however, so I was only able to imbed the Evil Dead masterpiece, and for the Inland Empire scene, you have to click on the link under the stunning still of a terrified Laura Dern and get redirected to YouTube.  There was a third girl dancing scene I wanted to share, and I used to be able to find it on YouTube, but I couldn't when I was looking last night; it's Greta Gerwig dancing by herself to Paul McCartney's dopey masterpiece Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey in the film Greenberg.  I really enjoy that film, but that is definitely the best scene in it.  ah, c'est la vie.  enjoy these ones:



Evil Dead II








Inland Empire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djh1UprzoLk

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I thought I was the only crazy one who loved that headless-woman dancing scene in the movie. My favorite character was the chopped-off hand! He was the funniest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it when she dances around. the hand is pretty funny too. did you know my father in law was a stunt man in evil dead 3 (army of darkness)?

    ReplyDelete