Tuesday, January 15, 2013

so mad right now

Don't make me angry.  You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.




those of you who know me know that 

1) i have a bad temper i have a hard time controlling, 

and 2) i am an athiest but can respect other people's religious beliefs, but sort of go thru the roof when Christians proselytize.  

My aunt is a Christian minister, and i have a few christian friends and blah blah blah, so it's not like i act out on my prejudice against Christianity, though i do admit to having one, but I do try to be understanding about people's beliefs, just like i try not to have a bad temper.  but holy shit, i am so upset right now i feel like i'm gonna pass out from anger.  i'm about to share an Etsy conversation i had with someone I bought a shirt from.  and please, if you disagree with how i treated this person (I said I wasn't gonna leave bad feedback for them, but since they never got back to me about that, and i hated the shirt I bought from them so much, i ended up leaving bad feedback anyway, and i know that's not the most dignified thing to do, perhaps, but i was just pissed about this whole exchange so i left the bad feedback anyway), please don't let me know right now.  i really don't want to hear anything negative about how i handled this situation, i just want to post it on here because i'm so pissed and have no other outlet at the moment. 

Here goes (business name taken out):

Hi,
I ordered 2 t-shirts from you and I haven't received them yet, though I think I may have received an email saying they were being shipped. So I just wanted to know if you shipped them, and if so, when, and by what method.
thanks!

xxxx


Dec 5, 2012
Hi thank you for your order! we apologize for the delay we have just been extremely busy with orders and we have been working as quickly as possible in the order they are received. Your package is being shipped out today Priority Mail through USPS, We are also located in California your should probably be receiving is as soon as tomorrow if not definitely by Friday. We thank you again for your patience your business is much appreciated. =)


xxxxx


yeah, i think i saw that you are in monrovia, and i live pretty close (and used to live in monrovia, on huntington). sounds good. just wanted to make sure and hadn't already been delivered.




xxx

Dec 9, 2012
Hi, can I return the navy elephant shirt I bought -- I'm very unhappy with it. It's almost impossible to see the print. I know I chose the color navy but I just assumed the print would be visible on the shirt, I didn't know the navy would be so dark or thought that if it was darker, a different ink color would be used to make the elephant visible, the way the shirt on you site has red ink for the elephant on the yellow t-shirt, not black ink on a near-black t-shirt.



xxx

Dec 9, 2012
Hi yes we only use the red wine ink on the gold
Navy is more on the darker side but customers order this combo from time to time and always do our best to fulfill our customers request no matter which color and ink setup. We can exchange for you no problem, There is a restocking fee because we would no longer be able to reuse this shirt but I will discount it to 50% since you did not know how dark navy was but navy is dark. We will also discount the shipping costs 50%. Please go ahead and select a new shirt with ink from the listing, You will receive a brand new shirt in a new style. We will invoice you for $7.45 to cover the shipping costs and restocking fee. Thank you for your business. There is no need to send the shirt back since we cannot use it any more and it will be counted as a loss.
Thank you


xxxx


Dec 10, 2012
Hi, no, I am unhappy with the t-shirt so I don't want to order another item from you even at a discounted amount, but thank you. I have a shop too so I can appreciate that you tried to come up with a resolution even though it's one I'm not happy w/ (yes navy is a darker color but every company's 'navy' is different; I have probably 3 pieces of clothing right now that are considered navy, and none of them are as dark as that t-shirt, so I think it was reasonable for me to assume when I asked for that color that it was not going to be too dark to see the elephant print on it, the way it is), so I'm not going to leave negative feedback.



xxxxx

16 hours ago
As from the history of our conversations you were not happy with the elephant shirt. We offered to exchange the shirt at a 50% discounted rate and for you to keep the shirt. We know you were not happy with the shirt and we really tried to work it out with you but you refused and said you own a shop and will not leave bad feedback because you appreciated that we tried to work it out and resolve the issue, But you went back on your word and left us 2 bad feedbacks which is very unfair, because now you lied to us. I dont know if you just forgot what you said or not. We will offer a partial refund for the elephant shirt of 50% for the shirt. We only want to provide a positive experience to all our customers but we would like for you to revise the feedback and send us a kiss and makeup. We have not had a chance to leave feedback for you yet. Bad feedback is only a last resort when problems cannot be worked out and do not appreciate that you went back on your word when we were only try to fix a problem. We will await in a timely manner for your response.
Thank you
 

xxx

15 hours ago
yeah, it seemed pretty lame that you never thanked me for agreeing not to leave bad feedback before in my last email, when i expressed that i was really unhappy with that elephant shirt and the "deal" you offered. since you never wrote anything back like 'yeah it sucks that you were unhappy w/ the product and w/ our offer to sell you another shirt at a discount, but thanks for saying you won't give us negative feedback,' i figured you must not care, so i thought i might as well be honest about the bad experience i had with your online store. man, the photo shown for the elephant t-shirt when it shows our sale is an awesome shirt -- it has burgandy ink on a gold shirt and it looks really good, not like the waste of $20 shirt I ended up buying from you, the pitch black elephant on the near pitch black shirt. i still don't understand why you didn't just take the shirt back -- i guess it's because you'd be taking a loss, but you also said in that email that people have ordered black printed animals on dark navy shirts, so I'd think you could just have kept that hsirt that I'd returned (it doesn't take up much space) and refunded me, not offered to sell me another shirt at a discounted price. my guess is that you guys are young, and i really wanted to nurture your store by keeping my mouth shut about what a bad experience i had w/ my purchase w/ you, but you weren't gracious enough to send a follow up email, and that graciousness would have gone a long way. i just dropped that elephant shirt off at the out of the closet on sunset as a donation this afternoon in fact because it's an absolutely shirt to me. so, i don't know, maybe next time someone says they're really unhappy w/ their dealings w/ you but won't give you a negative review, you should show them that that means something to you instead of just never sending any follow up. yeah we're all diy on here and blah blah blah but there's still such a thing as courtesy, an why should i protect your reputation if you don't seem to care about it.


xxxx

January 14 2013 8:54pm EDT
We are of course thankful if you did not leave bad feedback but we thought we would just leave it at that. We do care about our customers and feedback. You stated you also have a shop so we would expect for you to know the feeling of receiving negative feedback. You have a great start for your shop with established feedback and sales. There are many great ways to promote your shop and free ways of advertisement that are guaranteed to bring sales and have been proven to work. Well there is no need to attack us on a personal level by calling us young, or to say we dont care, because for one I am not that young and I do care, To back on your word does make us feel that you do not care that we really tried to work things out, but left it off as it still being your word. Feedback is important and can never leave anyone bad feedback unless we were ripped off of cheated., It is a last resort and very unlike us but we have done what we can to try and fix the problem. You even left a neutral for the other item just because you were upset about the elephant and that item had nothing to do with this issue. So this is the last time I will reach out to you with this message. We dont want there to be any hard feelings. I dont know if you follow Jesus Chris but he said we are to forgive each other and love our neighbor as our self and not let pride get in the way. Its nothing that you lied to me, for I am nothing, but there is someone much greater that we will all have to answer to one day. God bless you






xxxx

January 15 2013 11:17am EDT

(person's name), i think it's incredibly offensive that you would bring religion into such a minor, piddling affair as my and your disagreement over your product and customer service. Do you really think it's appropriate to threaten me w/ the idea of being judged because I behaved in a way you disagree with? I feel truly and seriously disgusted with you right now -- how dare you invoke God like that, like he's on your side because you're in the right, over such a MINOR thing as this disagreement we had? it's truly disgusting to me. i did the "kiss and make up" thing for your shop. I hope I never meet you in person and I never hear from you again -- I really can't stand when people use religion and God in conversation as manipulatively as you just did. you don't own God. He belongs to everyone, and he really, really doesn't take sides over stupid crap like Etsy customer service disputes.

addendum:  I've had a few hours to calm down.  but I still wanted to share his most recent response to the above (admittedly ridiculous) string of writing:

Jesus Christ is the way the truth and life and no man cometh unto the father but through him
May God bless you.


xxx

How fucking tempted to write back to him write now (I won't engage anymore -- believe it or not, I do have some self control) the lyrics to the classic Iron Maiden song:

xxx


Torches blazed and sacred chants were phrased
As they start to cry hands held to the sky
In the night the fires are burning bright
The ritual has begun Satan's work is done
666 the number of the beast, sacrifice is going on tonight  


xxx

okay, all for now???
...
xox Robin 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment