Skip to main content

I Danced Myself Right out the Womb

Here are 2 of my favorite scenes of women dancing in films:  the decapitated woman in Evil Dead II, and the anonymous/menacing girls in Inland Empire.  I'm not quite a pro at the computers, however, so I was only able to imbed the Evil Dead masterpiece, and for the Inland Empire scene, you have to click on the link under the stunning still of a terrified Laura Dern and get redirected to YouTube.  There was a third girl dancing scene I wanted to share, and I used to be able to find it on YouTube, but I couldn't when I was looking last night; it's Greta Gerwig dancing by herself to Paul McCartney's dopey masterpiece Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey in the film Greenberg.  I really enjoy that film, but that is definitely the best scene in it.  ah, c'est la vie.  enjoy these ones:



Evil Dead II








Inland Empire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djh1UprzoLk

Comments

  1. Ha ha ha! I thought I was the only crazy one who loved that headless-woman dancing scene in the movie. My favorite character was the chopped-off hand! He was the funniest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it when she dances around. the hand is pretty funny too. did you know my father in law was a stunt man in evil dead 3 (army of darkness)?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grand Rapids, Michigan by Robin Crane

  I am at a mental hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I had never been to this city before. My room is right next to  the bay of telephones. I feel sad hearing so many patients start conversations with their friends or family and then so soon say,  "Oh, you have to go? Well...goodbye."

Birthday Card Book

IN keeping with the more than usual focus on my mom, who passed away almost a year ago now,  here is a book she made me for my 14th birthday.  

Mermaid Sisters by Robin Crane

      Mikayla knew that Diana tried to listen for actual words among the riotous din that drifted over from the elementary school whenever the kids were on the playground. More than once, she’d say something like, “I know they’re having conversations, but with all of them talking at once, it just sounds like they're all yelling at the top of their lungs at the same time.”    Diana liked being able to faintly hear the morning announcements, but she didn’t like young children, and their playful noises sounded like seagulls aggressively squawking for the same pizza crust. Their family home growing up had been close to the beach, and they were currently sharing an apartment in a valley that was always hot and smoggy, with a sprawling building of U-Haul storage spaces, and the school of course, replacing the ocean as their view; hearing seabird noises out here felt like a taunt.     No matter how many knots even a casual glance from Mom or ...