Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Let me List Stuff for Fun

I keep mentioning how I'm too embarrassed to read over most of what I wrote as a teen that's been in these old zines I'm posting.  Well one thing I do think is fun to read is my lists of things.  For instance I had a friend who was really into heavy metal and had pictures from magazines covering every square inch of her wall, and I cataloged who all the pictures were of and put that list in an issue, and later when she turned punk I cataloged and published the list of who all the new magazine pages were of (from Kiss to L7, etc.).  I have a bunch of DVD's, and tonight I began to catalog them, only making it thru 2 double-shelved shelves so far.  I still have another bookcase to go, another night.  Some of these dvd's were mine or my husband's before we met each other, some were bought impulsively while "on" something on a sadness shopping spree at Target, some were like Secret Santa gifts from work Xmas parties in Conference Rooms, some are my favorites, some are burned dvd's from a cat-lady friend of my mom's with indiscriminate film taste, and some are guilty pleasures.  I'll leave you to guess which is which. 


My Movies



Where the Wild Things Are…And 5 More Stories by Maurice Sendak (not the Spike Jonze thing)
Goonies
Halloween 4
50 First Dates
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
This is Spinal Tap
Sixteen Candles
Watchmen
Edward Scissorhands
Bob’s burgers Season 1
4 disc set of the Lethal Weapon movies
Season one of Girls
Trio of Terror (some Vincent Price movie, Night of the Living Dead and something else)
Wedding Singer
Pick of Destiny
Raising Arizona & Fargo 2 disc set
Coraline
Sylvia
The Lost Boys
The 4 Ocean’s 11 movies
The Office seasons 1 – 4
Ghostbusters 1 & 2
All of the It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’s
Yo Gabba Gabba “Music Makes Me Move” & “Dancey Dance Bunch”
Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
All 3 Lord of the Rings
All of the Harry Potters
Miami Vice (the movie)
Parks and Recreation Seasons 1 and 2
Billy Madison
Georgy Girl
Adventures in Babysitting
Men who Stare at Goats
The Red Balloon
The Graduate
Dirty Work
Wings of Desire
The 1st and 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean
Ozzie and Harriett
Sympathy for the Devil
Dodgeball
Wedding Crashers
Snatch
Human Nature
Marihuana
Clash:  Westway to the World
3 Dukes of Hazard episodes
Amelie
About a Boy
Shaun of the Dead
Last Waltz
Mommy Dearest
Napoleon Dynamite
Army of Darkness
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
New York Doll
Muppets in Space and Muppets Take Manhattan
Baby Mama
Big Lebowski
30 Rock Season 1
Happy Gilmore
Knocked up
Vice Guide to Travel
Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels
She’s so Lovely
I heart Huckabees
Warriors


No comments:

Post a Comment