Skip to main content

Three Poems From Awhile Ago

The Woman with the Saggy Breasts 
That woman with the saggy breasts is me.
But how on earth did that come to be?
Mom sloped low with her burdened sigh,
Now so do I, so do I.



Originally published Oct. 12, 2018

Milk
in the story of my life
i would be a girl
a pill-saddened
milk-laden
mouth-breathing girl
in the story of my life
i'd want to be a lamb
a milk-giving soft-breathing
daisy-laden lamb
in the story of my life
i am a blob
a pill-breathing
life-sleeping
half-pretty slob.
Originally published April 16, 2013










Anxious Poem
Loudly I waited afraid of the kill,
No doctor saved me and no doctor will.
The cross eyes and fat thighs and wet sighs and red,
Everything's thoroughly hollowly dead.
All the cracked children's books and 
the nights in my head,
All are thoroughly, sleeplessly, recklessly dead.
The Ovaltine covered with dust in a shed,
It's all coated and bloated and breathlessly dead.



Originally published February 20, 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nostalgia Haiku

  Nostalgia Haiku Pee Wee’s Playhouse song Her smell returns and her laugh We’d watched since show one

Grand Rapids, Michigan by Robin Crane

  I am at a mental hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I had never been to this city before. My room is right next to  the bay of telephones. I feel sad hearing so many patients start conversations with their friends or family and then so soon say,  "Oh, you have to go? Well...goodbye."

Birthday Card Book

IN keeping with the more than usual focus on my mom, who passed away almost a year ago now,  here is a book she made me for my 14th birthday.