Friday, September 16, 2016

ReST in PeaCE my MothEr JilL CraNe

Well, it's going to be my mother Jill's birthday this Sunday, September 18th.  She died May 2, 2016.  I'm going to post things that remind me of her this weekend. 



this (above) is one of our favorite scenes in the 1991 film Dogfight.  The first time we saw it was shortly after River Phoenix died.  We turned to each other simultaneously when this part came on and started crying because it was so sad that River was dead.

This was another movie we loved, Housekeeping (1987):





 
My mom and I loved Guns N' Roses.  We had the video for Patience (above) on VHS and both loved the scene (at 5:19 - 5:21) where he's watching TV in his hotel room and looks disenchanted and handsome.  We rewound the tape just to see that part once or twice and even had it on "pause" at that scene before, and took a picture of the TV screen.  

 us in front of her apartment, garage sale, 1997



 one of her many (possibly over a thousand ) cat portraits.


 3 of our favorite things:  Old Bill, my favorite cat Betsy and Halloween.


(back side of the photo note:  Tiny Jasper)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment