Monday, May 18, 2015

Here I am



I was recently laid off, and around the same time (so this was a few weeks ago), I found out that I am going to need open heart surgery again.  I had it 10 or 11 years ago.  I knew I would need to have another surgery again someday but I thought it wouldn't be for 30 years or so. 

I am trying to work as much on this blog as possible the next few weeks to keep my mind on creative endeavors and also to keep my name on the tip of America's tongue while I'm down for the count.  Kidding not kidding.

I have a couple pieces I plan to have up and live on here in a few days.  Today, I want to share this link: 

https://wendyatkinsonbassplayer.wordpress.com/

Wendy Atkinson is an experimental bass player.  David Lester from Mecca Normal (who I was lucky to get to interview in the past) put her on my radar.  A few of her instrumentals remind me of Brian Eno's 1978 album "Music for Films" -- lovely -- and on the tracks with vocals, her storytelling is earnest and engaging.



More later.
xox times infinity xox 
Robin


No comments:

Post a Comment