Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Great News!

I usually just delete my spam emails but today there were two I felt like writing back to, just to see what would happen.  This was probably a mistake, like, responding to them may have somehow given them access to my information.  I was only thinking about this blog and how it'd be funny to post my responses to these weird scam emails.  Anything for attention.  So I hope you're satisfied.
xox Robin
 **********
--- Forwarded Message -----
From: (me)
To: Barr. James Marshall
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: 


Wow, a lawyer from Africa!  How exotic.  What a bummer about your client's car accident.  Sounds gnarly!  Yeah, i would love to have some extra money.  Who wouldn't!  I'm about to be evicted next month and I have no hands, so it will be really hard to panhandle if I end up homeless (I have $10K in the bank but I can't remember my PIN and don't know how to ask for a new one!). Please tell me more.  

From: Barr. James Marshall
To:
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:58 PM
Subject: 


TEMPLE CHAMBERS & ASSOCIATES
(LEGAL PRACTITIONERS)
No: 85, Hillbrow,
Johannesburg, South Africa.

Dear Friend,

How are you today? I know that this mail may come to you almost a surprise as we never met before, but before you proceed on the reading of this email, I will want you to settle your mind and read carefully for a good understanding of the situation. I decided to contact you after much prayers and consideration since I cannot be able to meet with you face to face for now and by God’s grace, I believe you are a reliable type.

However, I am Barrister James Otis Marshall, personal attorney to the late Engr. Ronald Campbell, a national of Northern America, who used to work with Shell Company here in the Republic of South Africa, on the 11th of June, 2005, my client, his wife and their only child were involved in a car accident along Cape Town express road, unfortunately they all lost their lives in the event of the accident and since then, I have made several inquiries to several Embassies to locate any of my clients extended relatives, this has proved unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his relatives over the Internet maybe I can locate any member of his family but to no avail, hence I contacted you, I want you to assist in repatriating the money and property left behind by my client, I can easily convince the bank with my legal practice that you are the only surviving relation of my client, otherwise the Estate he left behind will be confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits it presently lodged in accordance with the Government’s Law as provided in section 129 sub 63(N) of South African Banking Edit of 1961 which says that at the expiration of eight years the fund will be reverted to the ownership of South African Government, if nobody applies to claim the fund.

Particularly, the Bank where the deceased had an account valued at about US$17,431,000.00 (Seventeen million Four Hundred and Thirty One Thousand U.S. American dollars) consequently issued me a notice to provide the Next of Kin or have the account confiscated within the next ten bank working days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating any of his relative, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased, so that the proceeds of this account valued at US$17,431,000.00 U.S dollars can be paid to your account and then you and I can share the money 50% to me and 50% to you.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal through and also forward the following to me so that I can file an application of claim in your name to the bank immediately;
1, Your Full Name:

2, House Address:

3, Your Country:

4, Your Contact Telephone Number:

5, Your Age and Gender:

6, Your Occupation:

I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

More importantly, you are strictly advised to send your reply to my Private and Personal email address bellow for security and confidential reason (jomarshall09@yahoo.com).

Yours Faithfully,

Barr. James O. Marshall.

******************

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: (me)
To: "timothy_george50@yahoo.co.jp"
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: 


This is such great news.  My grandmother lost her life savings when she was scammed by someone on the internet, and now she has to live with my husband and our three adopted children, and we just found out she has to have her liver removed.  I already work 5 jobs and my husband works a 15 hour shift at his job at the fertilizer factory, so this money would come in handy, believe me!  Who do I know in Hong Kong that gave my my information?  
Please tell me more.
Thanks.


From: Timothy F. George
To:
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 3:15 PM
Subject: 




Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Timothy F. George, the Director for Credit & Marketing Chong Hing Bank, Hong Kong, I have a business proposal of USD$38,980,369.00 (Thirty Eight Million, Nine Hundred and Eighty Thousand, Three Hundred and Sixty Nine USD)) for you to transact with me

Contact me via my email address if interested: timothy_george50@yahoo.co.jp


Yours Sincerely,
Timothy F. George


2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm glad you thought so. I was seriously cracking myself up over these scam letters and my responses and I thought nobody else thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete